During your ProLon 5-days, we strongly recommend that you “stick to the box” to achieve the same cellular benefits that were demonstrated during our clinical trials. The rigorous testing of ProLon was demonstrated by following our kits as is, and therefore, it is always better to stick to what’s in the box.
Here are some tips to help your palate tolerate the items a little easier:
- Soup and olives may be blended/pureed together
- Crackers (all or just few of them) may be crumbled into soups
- L-Bar may be refrigerated and consumed cold
- L-Bar may be subdivided into pieces and consumed throughout the day
In cases where you simply cannot continue with your ProLon, the following items may be added or substituted with the caveat that the clinical studies were not conducted with these alternatives. These suggestions, while making common sense, are not based on rigorous clinical investigations.
- Up to one teaspoon of dried herbs or spices per day to enhance the flavor of your soups or other food (single ingredient only and limited to the following: pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, cinnamon)
- Up to oneteaspoon of sea salt per day (provided there are no health contraindications)
- Sparkling water with natural flavors only and without sweeteners of any kind (if water contains caffeine, it should be included in your daily maximum of 140mg of caffeine)
- If you cannot tolerate olives, you may replace the olives from your kit with one teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil per pack of olives (can be added to your soups)
- Coffee & Tea
- Unlimited amount of plain spearmint, spearmint lemon, and hibiscus herbal tea (decaf). While other herbal teas may also be fine, many have ingredients that have not been tested, and we cannot guarantee what impact, if any, they may have.
- Plain coffee, regular or decaf containing no more than 140 mg of caffeine daily (no cream, sweetener, or flavorings added). This will likely equate to about one 8 oz cup of regular coffee. Please note that the caffeine content of decaf coffee can vary.
- L-bar may be microwaved for a few seconds (no more than 20 secs) and/or sprinkled with cinnamon
- Choco Crisp bar may be microwaved for a few seconds (no more than 20 secs) and/or sprinkled with sea salt
- As a very last resort, if you feel that you are not able to complete the fast due to hunger, you may have only one of the following per day. Having more than one of these will most likely break your fast.
- 1-2 thin slices of a small apple (slices should be no more than 1/8-1/4 inch thick)
- one single stalk of celery 7-8 inches in length
- one small Persian (“baby”) cucumber 5-6 inches in length
If there is an item in your box you simply cannot tolerate, you may omit that item from the box. Keep in mind that omitting food will provide less nutrient support and may increase hunger.